Today in learn and serve the students were reading when I got to class, then we went to the library, they worked on the computers like normal and they got books. I worked with one specific student who has more sever problems than most of the students in the class, he doesnt vocalize his thoughts and he doesn't do work unless you sit with him and work with him. This student probably has some type of speech impairment. Specialist have come in to work with him individually and as part of a group or the entire class, but nothing seems to be improving. He was doing well with the activity and seemed to be enjoying it. The teacher and I were discussing the student and his abilities and she was talking about all the different ways she has attempted to teach him and reach out to this students with speech impairments. She has talked to other teachers, his family, and used other resources to try and find new ways to teach him, instead of wasting his days at school, getting nothing accomplished. The teacher I work with feels that the student also interfers with the other students learning as well, taking time out to specifically try and help thsi student that doesn't have the ability to learn in the way that she teaches them, along with being a distraction to the other students. We went back to the room and we worked on math like we usually do, I worked with the second graders on writing out their numbers. They all excelled at this and seemed to enjoy working on this type of activity. When the students were done one of the students read to me and they got ready for lunch.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment