Thursday, November 19, 2009

Learn & Serve 11/19


Today I went to make up the learn and serve that I missed on Tuesday because of the home opener basketball game, I know im such a devoted fan! When I got to learn and serve the students were working on three letter sight words with the teacher. Then we split into math groups I worked with the second graders like normal on their place values. Some of the students were taken out of class for testing throughout the time I was there. When my group was done they went to the computers and I worked with some of the first grade group on using blocks that represented their place values and numbers. Then it was time for social studies, they sat at one table and took a quiz about Thanksgiving on the smartboards. After this they went over the different kinds of food that go with the season and what colors they were so they could color when they got back from lunch. When they were done with that they washed their hands and got ready for lunch. Time today seemed to go pretty quickly and the students weren't too bad, they were a little thrown off because their aid that is usually in the class everyday had her baby on sunday so they have a new aid and they do not know her. I think that for students such as the ones in my learn and serve class, comfort and change are two big things that they find difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Comfort and change - yes, those are common denominators throughout life.
    What do you notice when students are using smartboards? what is the teacher doing? what are the students doing?

    ReplyDelete